On September 1, 2015, amendments to small claims court rules and form come into effect. These amendments relate to:
• dismissal by Clerk
• change to the Plaintiff’s Claim form
Form 7A has changed. Please note that as of September 1, 2015, the new form must be used, and old forms will not be issued.
As of September 1, 2015, unless the court orders or the rules provide otherwise, an action will be automatically dismissed if:
• more than 2 years have passed since the date the Plaintiff’s Claim (Form 7A) was issued;
• the action has not been disposed of by order or settled;
• a motion in writing for an assessment of damages has not been filed; and
• a trial or assessment hearing date has not been requested by the plaintiff.
Dismissal will occur on the later of:
• September 1, 2017; and
• two years from the action’s start date.
The Clerk will no longer provide notice that an action will be dismissed. Once an action is dismissed, the Clerk will serve an Order Dismissing Claim for Delay.
For more information please email us at email@example.com or call us at 416 306 3070 or toll free at 1-800-267-0183.